Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Boy and His Dog





He spends the majority of his day "roping cows". Just ask him. Everyone in the house must beware of his flying rope, lest we get whacked across the face. All of the animals in our house are fair game. Cats, dogs - it doesn't matter the species. They are all his "cows" when he is in cowboy mode.

And yes, I constantly tell him to leave the poor dogs alone. Most often, his victim is Cookie - our beloved Shi-Tzu. I try to keep her safe, but she keeps coming back for more.



It looks innocent enough, but that is how it always starts.

First, he spots his "cow".

Then, he moves in for the take down.


He likes to sneak up behind his prey and catch them by surprise. It must be some instinctual hunting reflex. I think only boys have this, because I've never seen the girls act this way.


He is going for the take down now. It so reminds me of his Daddy flanking the real cows.


He needed to take a little break to look at the real cows out in the pasture.

Just look at that fluffy little face. I could just eat her up. She is so loveable - not to mention very TOLERANT!




I think he has her right where he wants her now. He looks like he is gettin' kinda serious.



VICTORIOUS! He has conquered the beast. I just don't know if she is a cow or a horse at this point. Poor cookie!


No comments:

Post a Comment